Its just over a year since I updated my Naif.Blog blogging application. In fact its just over a year since I posted anything on this blog. For the last week I have been off work and so I have been keeping my hand in by making some long overdue updates to my blogging application – Naif.Blog.
As I have mentioned in previous blog posts the goals of the blog are to build a real application in ASP.NET Core but to keep the application as simple as possible. In future posts I will go into more detail on the changes made, for now I will just highlight the biggest changes.
- The codebase was updated to ASP.NET Core 2.1.
- A new Google Analytics ViewComponent was added
- Sample blogs.json file was added
- Support added for Authentication using OAuth (Auth0)
- Initial support added for Blog Pages including Open Live Writer support
- A simple Admin page added including the use of CKEditor for editing blog posts
Some of these updates still need a bit of work to be production ready, but the goal of these updates is to provide a platform to build a range of content focussed websites without the need to use an expensive database or a feature rich (but complex to use) Content Management System (CMS).
I hope to publish additional blog posts on these some of these features over the next week or so, but, in the meantime, if you are interested you can check out the code at my github repository (see below)
The source for Naif.Blog can be found at https://github.com/cnurse/Naif.Blog. If you want to find the state of the repository used in this post then you can find that at the tagged release v0.5.0 (https://github.com/cnurse/Naif.Blog/releases/tag/v0.5.0)